Scoop has an Ethical Paywall
Licence needed for work use Start Free Trial
 

Maritime New Zealand - Latest News [Page 52]

Search suspended for man overboard

Friday, 5 November 2010, 5:14 pm | Maritime New Zealand

The search for a man missing overboard from the 14 metre yacht Wild Goose has been suspended. More >>

Search continuing for man overboard

Friday, 5 November 2010, 1:26 pm | Maritime New Zealand

A search is continuing this morning for a New Zealander reported missing overboard from a 14 metre yacht approximately 150 nautical miles west-south-west of Rarotonga. More >>

Dumped beacon wastes rescue resources

Tuesday, 2 November 2010, 2:59 pm | Maritime New Zealand

An obsolete emergency beacon left at a rubbish dump has sparked a costly and unnecessary search that lasted almost 24 hours and involved police, helicopter crew and rescue agencies. More >>

West Coast fishing operators convicted

Wednesday, 27 October 2010, 10:45 am | Maritime New Zealand

Three West Coast people caught operating fishing vessels without essential safety documentation have been convicted and fined following prosecutions brought by Maritime New Zealand (MNZ). More >>

Search for missing Tokelauan boys underway

Wednesday, 6 October 2010, 5:12 pm | Maritime New Zealand

The Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand (RCCNZ) is assisting Tokelauan authorities in the search for three local boys missing in a small runabout since early today. More >>

Search suspended for man overboard

Friday, 17 September 2010, 11:43 am | Maritime New Zealand

The Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand (RCCNZ) has suspended its search for a crewman missing from a merchant ship northwest of New Zealand. More >>

Search in Southern Ocean stood down

Thursday, 19 August 2010, 10:39 am | Maritime New Zealand

The search for survivors from the Oyang 70 , which capsized in the Southern Ocean early this morning, has been stood down, Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand (RCCNZ) says. More >>

Grave concerns for missing sailors

Wednesday, 18 August 2010, 3:19 pm | Maritime New Zealand

There are now grave concerns for three men missing at sea following the sinking of a fishing vessel in the Southern Ocean this morning. More >>

Search continues in Southern Ocean

Wednesday, 18 August 2010, 11:27 am | Maritime New Zealand

A Royal New Zealand Airforce P3 Orion has now reached the scene of a search and rescue operation underway in the Southern Ocean today. More >>

Survivors found following sinking

Wednesday, 18 August 2010, 9:46 am | Maritime New Zealand

Forty-four survivors have so far been recovered from liferafts following the sinking of the New Zealand chartered foreign fishing vessel the Oyang 70 in the Southern Ocean today. More >>

Hands-on experience invaluable to NZ

Tuesday, 22 June 2010, 3:39 pm | Maritime New Zealand

First-hand experience gained by New Zealand experts working with the 33,000-strong oil spill response team in the Gulf of Mexico will prove invaluable for this country’s own preparedness, Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) says. More >>

Two NZers fly out to help with Gulf oil spill

Thursday, 3 June 2010, 1:24 pm | Maritime New Zealand

Two technical experts from Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) have flown to the United States at the invitation of one of the oil spill response companies assisting with the clean-up of the Gulf of Mexico spill. More >>

Consultation launched on new safety system

Wednesday, 21 April 2010, 11:57 am | Maritime New Zealand

Consultation on a proposed new framework to improve safety in the commercial maritime sector has been launched today by Maritime New Zealand (MNZ). More >>

Badly Injured Hunter Rescued

Tuesday, 20 April 2010, 12:21 pm | Maritime New Zealand

A seriously injured hunter was last night airlifted to safety in a rescue mission launched by the Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand (RCCNZ). More >>

Missing yacht found

Monday, 29 March 2010, 9:41 am | Maritime New Zealand

The missing yacht Tafadzwa has been found drifting 60 nautical miles (110 kilometres) west of the Chatham Islands by an Airforce P3 Orion aircraft. Those on board the Orion have not been able to determine if the skipper of the yacht, Paul van Rensburg, ... More >>

Rafting operator sentenced

Wednesday, 24 March 2010, 10:00 am | Maritime New Zealand

The sentencing today of a rafting company over a fatality on the Rangitikei River in 2007 highlights the dangers of operators failing to apply established safety procedures, Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) says. More >>

Aerial search to resume at first light

Wednesday, 17 March 2010, 10:00 am | Maritime New Zealand

The search for a yacht missing off the East Coast with one person on board will resume at first light tomorrow, after searchers failed to find any sign of the vessel today. More >>

Aoraki/Mt Cook Search Stood Down

Sunday, 7 March 2010, 10:51 am | Maritime New Zealand

The search for two men who activated their emergency locator beacon on Aoraki/Mt Cook on Friday has been stood down, following confirmation they are safe and well and due to walk out of the national park themselves today. More >>

Possible Sighting Of Climbers On Mt Cook

Saturday, 6 March 2010, 12:12 pm | Maritime New Zealand

A rescue helicopter has sighted two men believed to be a climbing party who activated an emergency locator beacon on Aoraki/Mt Cook yesterday, the Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand (RCCNZ) says. More >>

Search Continues For Two Men On Mt Cook

Saturday, 6 March 2010, 10:35 am | Maritime New Zealand

A rescue helicopter is flying this morning to look for two men who spent the night on Mt Cook after activating their emergency locator beacon yesterday afternoon. More >>

   

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL