Maritime New Zealand - Latest News [Page 58]
Helicopter Rescue In South Island
Sunday, 17 June 2007, 9:09 pm | Maritime New Zealand
Two people have been rescued from a helicopter which crashed on Braemar Station on the Eastern side of Lake Pukaki in the South Island this morning (16 June 2007). More >>
Dinghy prosecution welcomed
Wednesday, 13 June 2007, 9:43 am | Maritime New Zealand
Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) welcomes the conviction of a Hawkes Bay man after his ill-equipped dinghy sank and a passenger drowned near Clive in December 2005. More >>
Search for missing man suspended
Saturday, 9 June 2007, 1:08 pm | Maritime New Zealand
The search for a Hawkes Bay man missing in a dinghy off the Napier Coast has been suspended, following an extensive search covering approximately 3,200 square kilometres over 37 hours. More >>
Search continues for missing dinghy
Friday, 8 June 2007, 10:16 am | Maritime New Zealand
The Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand (RCCNZ) is continuing to coordinate the search for a 25-year-old Napier man missing in a dinghy off the coast of Napier. More >>
Search for dinghy occupant underway
Thursday, 7 June 2007, 3:59 pm | Maritime New Zealand
The Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand (RCCNZ) is leading the search for the sole occupant of a dinghy missing off the coast of Napier. RCCNZ mission coordinator John Dickson said the man was understood to have gone out in the dinghy from Awatoto ... More >>
Mi Jay sentencing sends strong message
Monday, 30 April 2007, 12:09 am | Maritime New Zealand
Maritime New Zealand says the sentencing today of the owner of the fishing vessel Mi Jay for breaches of the Maritime Transport Act should remind all owners and operators of their duty to make sure their Masters establish a method to report back to shore ... More >>
Search for man overboard unsuccessful
Thursday, 26 April 2007, 1:30 pm | Maritime New Zealand
The search for a 54-year-old crewman missing overboard from a Korean fishing vessel is expected to be called off this morning after no sign of him was found last night. More >>
Exclusion zone around Kotuku
Thursday, 18 May 2006, 12:27 am | Maritime New Zealand
Maritime New Zealand has put a 500 metre radius exclusion zone around the wreck of the fishing vessel Kotuku in the Foveaux Strait under section 59 (a) of the Maritime Transport Act 1994. More >>
Water taxi skipper fined
Friday, 12 May 2006, 4:53 pm | Maritime New Zealand
The skipper of a Havelock-based water taxi vessel, who carried out 27 commercial trips during September and October last year while holding no maritime qualifications, was sentenced in the Blenheim District Court today. More >>
Improving safety for fishermen through Fishsafe
Friday, 12 May 2006, 11:06 am | Maritime New Zealand
“We’d like to make accidents and injuries a thing of the past,” says FISHSAFE Chairman Pete Dawson about the comprehensive, ‘best practice’ safety guidelines for small commercial fishing vessels. The guidelines were launched today by Minister for Transport ... More >>
